Costa Mesa charity Share Our Selves (SOS) provides free medical and social (food, clothing, financial aid, etc.) services to those in need of basic living essentials. Serving Orange County since 1970, it is a volunteer-based organization of over 400 individuals offering their time to assist those less fortunate.
The 17th Annual Wild & Crazy Taco Night will take place on Thursday, April 22nd at Halecrest Swim and Tennis Club. Over 20 chefs will be present for a little friendly kitchen competition. Who? I thought you'd never ask:
- Bert Agor, Ruth's Chris Steak House
- Bill Bracken, Island Hotel
- Dennis Brask, Five Crowns
- Paul Buchanan, Primal Alchemy
- Victor Cabral, Orange Hill
- Ivan Calderon, Taco Mesa/Taco Rosa
- Yves Fournier, Andrei's Conscious Cuisine
- Mark Cleveland and Tanya Fuqua, Avanti Cafe
- Manuel Gonzales, TAPS Fish House & Brewery
- Alan Greeley, The Golden Truffle
- Scott Green, Salt Creek Grill
- Chris Hutton, The Catch
- Carlito Jocson, Yard House
- Louie Jocson, Pacific Prime, Inc.
- Michael Kang, 5'
- Jason Kordas, Jason's Downtown Restaurant
- Rachel Klemek, Blackmarket Bakery
- Chad Krahling, Hilton, Costa Mesa/Orange County
- Marco Mariselli, Stella's Serious Italian
- Alessandro Pirozzi, Cucina Alessá
- Deborah Schneider, Sol Cocina
- Don Schoenburg, The Lido Deck Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Paul Squicciarini, Culinary Concepts
- Vartan Vbgaryan, A Restaurant
- Marco Zapien, Melissa's Produce
Proceeds from the event benefit the SOS Orange Aid Project. Founded in 1992, Orange Aid retrieves excess food from local food vendors and distributes to those lacking food security.
Tickets are $60 for general admission and $150 for VIP, with part ($35 and $100, respectively) of your ticket being a tax deductible donation.