Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thursday is the new Friday in Anaheim....at least for one day in May

I'm normally the one who retrieves the mail. More often than not, I find things I'd rather recycle. The grocery store ads are set aside, but I fail to plan my meals around them. We don't need to refinance my home or gain another credit card. I sort through envelopes of coupons, figuring out what I might (remember) to use next time I'm out. All in all, pretty counterproductive work.

One magazine saved from the circular filing cabinet this week was @HomeIN Magazine. A bi-monthly publication distributed throughout the county. It's mostly advertising, with a few coupons and maybe even an article or two sprinkled in for good measure. What caught my eye was a cover of seafood and pizza dishes. However, the best thing I read about was the 15th Annual Taste of Anaheim. Going on May 13th between the hours of 5:30 and 10:30 in the evening, The Shops at Anaheim GardenWalk will host over 50 restaurants.

Places to check out include many Disneyland Resort eateries (Cafe Orleans, La Brea Bakery, Storytellers Cafe), a number of popular chains (Lazy Dog Cafe, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Ruby's Diner), as well as a few local faves (Slater's 50/50, K'ya, Foscari's).

Live bands are scheduled to perform, including Don't Stop Believin' - a Journey tribute band! You'll also find a silent auction benefiting both Canyon Hills Community Council and Leadership Anaheim.
Pre-sale is selling at $35 ($40 the day of). I'm gonna try to score a volunteer opportunity (includes a t-shirt as well as admission for you and a friend).

One insider piece of advice is to start on the 2nd level of GardenWalk. Apparently, last year had Costco Gas-sized lines of diners hungry for the first restaurant they laid eyes on. Additionally, if you pay a visit to the @HomeIN Magazine booth and mention hearing about their article ~ there might even be somethin' somethin' for stopping by (I'm guessing a reusable bag?).

Free parking located on-site at Anaheim GardenWalk, which is always nice. Find the entrances off both Katella and Disney Way off the 5 freeway.


No comments: