Saturday, December 11, 2010

Have you seen this pie?

On Fridays I normally spend time with my best friend and her kids. She utilized the McDonald's drive-thru today and bought me a surprise. Behold the Holiday Pie.

It isn't available at all locations, which explains why I don't recall seeing it before. In addition, you can only purchase it until the end of the month. The marketing sounds very McRib, if you ask me.

Conceptually the same design as their apple pies, the outer crust is coated with a sugar cookie texture. Multi-color sprinkles add a festive touch. The filling is an eggy custard flavor.

Upon initial inspection, it reminds me of two things. A) Mother's Circus Animal Cookies or B) An intermediate recipe for the Easy-Bake Oven. Either way, it has an appealing selling point, 2 for $1.

While I am not advocating it, it certainly falls under those things that I'm compelled to try once. I liked the crust.




No comments: